Hello dear friends! I am the worst planner in the world. Do you know why? I forgot I was going camping this weekend, so I won’t be able to moderate the fabulous post I had written for this All Saint’s Day.
Yes that’s a holiday – look it up.
Anyway, I have a feeling this next post will need lots of moderation and tending and I won’t be here to do it, so I will save it until Sunday. We’re leaving to go dirt bike riding in the desert tomorrow. I know, that really sounds like a trip I would plan, doesn’t it? Well, I am married to a red-blooded American man with a penchant for motorcycles and boats and hockey, and sometimes we have to do husband activities. Not everyday is a stroll around the Met.
So to tide you over until Sunday, here is a short list of things I should not be allowed to do. I will periodically add to this list in the future.
- Be in the same house as a half gallon of ice cream.
- Be in the same house as chocolate or chocolate products.
- Work in a professional environment.
- Be responsible for remembering to buy flea medication or anybody’s birthday card.
- Really, be responsible for anything out of my everyday schedule. If I don’t do it on autopilot, it doesn’t get done.
- Be forced to operate without coffee in the morning.
- Do any type of cleaning that involves water, e.g. wash dishes, clean windows, scrub bathrooms, etc.
- Be anywhere that doesn’t have access to tissue.
- Care for a dog.
- Be asked to judge a pie-eating contest. I would be distracted by trying to eat the contestants’ pie. Especially if it’s pumpkin/cream cheese/boysenberry/coconut cream/any type of custard really.
- Have a cat, a camera, and access to the internet.